Logistics Coordinator- Dadaab Vacancy with Islamic Relief
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Logistics Coordinator- Dadaab Vacancy
Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
We aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender. Islamic Relief is currently running Programmes in several sectors that include Education, Health & Nutrition, Water and Sanitation, Livelihoods Support and Child Welfare. IRK also implements seasonal Food Security Programmes including the Ramadan Food Distribution and Qurbani.
Islamic Relief Kenya Program seeks to recruit:
Position: Logistics Coordinator
Duty Station: Dadaad
General description of the role:
The Logistics Coordinator (LC) will work under the direct supervision of the Area Manager and the technical guidance of the Operations Support Manager. The Logistics Coordinator will be a member of the Area Office Management.
The LC will have responsibility to guide the Operations Department which compose of the Administration, procurement, logistics, IT, and security sectors. The LC will have a focus on systems development, documentation, implementation and compliance with policies and procedures. She/he is expected to provide a capacity building training on IRK procedures to ensure the Department delivers quality services to meet program/project objectives.
It is anticipated that each of the four units reporting to the LC (procurement, logistics, Security and ICT) will be managed by professional officer. The role of the LC will be to coordinate and supervise their work and to agree on strategic priorities so as to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of IR-Kenya’s programmes in the Area Office.
The LC will be expected to have a good understanding of the field office and country programmes and be able to effectively represent the organisation and the country programme to external stakeholders.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly reporting on logistics, procurement and security
- Act as a member of the Area Office Management Team of the programme;
- Represent Area office in the Operations Cluster meetings with INGOs/UN
- Ensure transparency and accountability across Area office activities through full implementation of Logistic, Procurement, Security rules and regulation.
- Directly supervise the Logistics Officer, Procurement Officer, Security Officer and IT Officer
- Ensure an efficient and transparent procurement system is in place and adhere to in line with IRK guidelines and procedures
- Provide managerial oversight of the Logistics function and support the Logistics Officer in the implementation of systems and procedures.
- Ensure regular and effective communications are maintained within the Operations team and with the programme team at the Area Office and also at the Country Office teams.
- Support the ICT Officer in ensuring that ICT Services meet the highest standards of accessibility and connectivity
- Monitor spending on transport to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets
- Support the Logistics and Security officers on reading and interpreting maps and driving directions to plan the most safest and efficient route
- Coordinate with Logistics and finance staff on refuelling and maintenance of vehicles under supervision
- Ensure ICT policy is strictly adhered to Policy, Procedures and Guidelines (Systems Development, Documentation, Implementation,
Training and Audit
- Implement procurement, logistics and ICT plans and report to the Area Office Manager and Operations Manager on progress;
- Support policy implementation in Logistics, Procurement, IT and Security to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of organisation in working with the respective Officers/Coordinators;
- Liaise with the Country Office on development and application of policies in order to enhance the operations systems that are valuable for the Area Office.
- Ensure that field site security plans are updated on a regular basis, in collaboration with the Operations Support Manager, Area Office Manager and the Security Coordinator
- Ensure that security incidents at the Field office Area are reported timely to the Area Office Manager, OSM and Security Coordinator to take necessary actions.
- Monitor the security situation at the Field office areas and respond accordingly.
- Monitor staff movement through the Security Officer to ensure they are complaint with the Field Security Manuals while travelling in the field.
- Facilitate the evacuations/relocations of field-based teams as and when appropriate
- Attend security meetings organized at Area Office level and maintain regular contact with other NGO/UN security focal points
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Area Office Manager
- 3 years of previous management experience, including field operations management, procurement, logistics and admin management preferably with a humanitarian aid
- Bachelor degree in management, administration, social science, international development, public administration, or a related field
- Master’s degree is a definite advantage
- An interest in capacity building/mentoring of teams
- Committed to spend significant time in the field.
- Strong experience in liaising with governmental / local authorities and other NGOs/UN.
- Excellent staff management, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a challenging and multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications especially the Microsoft programs
- Budgetary control and financial management skills
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English Fluency in oral/written English;
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send your application letter, detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) references; to [email protected] by 16th August 2013.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Posted by: Admin2
- Company: Islamic Relief
- City: Kenya
- Location: Dadaab, Garissa, Kenya
- Job type: Term Contract
- Job category: Non-governmental Organization (NGO)
- Tags: Logistics Coordinator- Dadaab Vacancy with Islamic Relief
33 total views, 1 today